Celebration of “International Women’s Day ” at Nongsonghong village, Xaythany district, Vientiane capita
On 7 March 2018, ADWLE joined with SubCAW and Mother and Child of Vientiane capital to organize the International Women’s Day at Nongsonghong village, Xaythany district, Vientiane capital. Participants were from representatives from Vientiane capital, Xaythany district, ADWLE, Care international, Health Promotion Association, LDP and 15 target villages. Total was 386 villagers, out of which 281 were women, 173 were children ( 104 female child).
Outcomes from observation:
- Cooperation was quite successful with the village authority of Nongsonghong village as a host, leading us to reach the goal of the celebration.
- Villagers from the target villages recognized the location, roles and procedures of LACVWC of Nongsonghong village increasingly.
- Many audience members increasingly knew paralegal roles.
- Some villagers who played some games together with their family for example husband, wife and children had fun and gained a better understanding each other.
- Many boys and girls enjoyed colouring in pictures.
- Some women and men had a free check up from the Health Promotion Association which is partner of ADWLE. There were 81 villagers, out of which 17 were men.
Supported by French Embassy: EU-Helvetas