- Bread for the World: http://www.bread.org/
From 2016 to 2017, BFW is funding projects in four villages in Xaythany District. ADWLE is working with the Village Mediation Unit members, Village Authority members and villagers from each village to promote gender equality, CEDAW and women’s rights laws. ADWLE is also providing training to the VMU members on mediation methodology and procedures. Throughout the course of the project, ADWLE will conduct monitoring and evaluation activities in each of the four villages.
The EU continues to fund, until July 2017, ADWLE-run trainings on gender, CEDAW and laws related to women for law teachers and students of the Faculties of Law and Political Sciences of the National University of Laos and Champasak University as well as for village mediation unit members and village volunteers in six villages in Xaythany District, Vientiane Capital.
Since 2014, ADWLE has begun training teachers in the law faculties of the two Universities on how to integrate a gender approach into their teaching curricula. Moreover, in each University, a student group has been created and is responsible for raising awareness on gender and women’s rights both within and outside of the classroom environment.
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation: https://www.eda.admin.ch/deza/en/home/countries/mekong.html
In July 2015, ADWLE officially opened the Legal Aid Clinic for Vulnerable Women. From July 2015 to June 2016, SDC funding is supporting the work of the Clinic which is managed overall by ADWLE and run by one principal lawyer and nine assisting lawyers. The lawyers, along with 12 paralegals from six villages in Xaythany District, Vientiane Capital, provide free legal advice to female victims of gender-based violence and raise awareness in the six villages on gender, CEDAW and women’s rights.
- Oxfam: https://www.oxfam.org/
Since 2014, Oxfam, along with the EU which continues to fund this project, were co-funding ADWLE-run trainings in the Faculties of Law and Political Sciences of the National University of Laos and Champasak University as well as for village mediation unit members and village volunteers in six villages in Xaythany District, Vientiane Capital.
- HELVETAS: http://laos.helvetas.org
Funding from HELVETAS was used to restore the building in which the Legal Aid Clinic for Vulnerable Women now operates.
- Oxfam Novib: http://www.oxfamnovib.nl/en-home.html?language=engels
- French Embassy: http://www.ambafrance-laos.org
The following projects were co-funded by Oxfam Novib and the French Embassy in Lao PDR.
From 2011-2015, ADWLE organised several trainings on gender, CEDAW and national and international laws related to women for law teachers and students from the Faculties of Law and Political Sciences of the National University of Laos and Champasak University, as well as for village authority members, village mediation unit members and village volunteers in six villages in Vientiane Capital and Champasak Province.
Between 2012 and 2014, ADWLE published two research Reports on the legal and social status of women and attitudes to towards increasing divorce rates in Lao PDR.
Since 2011, on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, ADWLE has coordinated the participation of 5000 students and teachers from 10 Universities and Colleges from four Provinces, a different one is selected annually, in various activities to mark the day.
- International Republican Institute: http://www.iri.org
From 2014 to 2015, funds from IRI supported training by ADWLE of 12 village volunteers on gender, CEDAW, laws related to women and the protection of women and girls from human trafficking. The village volunteers then raised awareness on gender equality and women’s rights reaching over 1,000 villagers in six villages in the Khong District, Champasak Province.
- Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (NUoL): http://www.nuol.edu.la/faculty-of-law-and-political-science
- Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (Champasak University)
- Vientiane Judicial Department
- Lao National Commission for the Advancement of Women: http://www.laoncaw.gov.la
- National Assembly: http://www.na.gov.la
- Xaythany District
- Southeast Asia Women’s Caucus on ASEAN: https://womenscaucusonasean.wordpress.com/
- Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law & Development: http://www.apwld.org
- International Women’s Rights Action Watch Asia Pacific (IWRAW Asia Pacific): http://www.iwraw-ap.org/